Benefits of Capsicum (Bell Pepper) Benefits and Side Effects
Friends, you see red, yellow, purple, orange, and green capsicum in the market. Where it is also called Shimla Mirch in Hindi, it is called Capsicum and Bell Pepper in English. There are mainly five species of capsicum known as Capsicum enum, Capsicum chinense, Capsicum frutescens, Capsicum bactum, and Capsicum pubescent. All these species are called peppers in the common language. At the same time, if you talk about the benefits of eating capsicum in terms of health, then it is also very beneficial in this case. Well, what is capsicum has become clear, but the benefits of capsicum are yet to be known. We will discuss this in detail in the article. Along with this, we will also learn about its use and some of its side effects.
Table of contents
- Benefits of Capsicum
- Capsicum Nutritional Value
- How to Use Capsicum
- When and how to eat capsicum?
- Side Effects of Capsicum
Benefits of Capsicum
Friends, nutritional deficiencies in your body can cause serious problems. At the same time, many nutrients are found in capsicum, which can help in keeping a variety of health problems away. Let us know how and how useful are the nutrients of capsicum for health.
1. Benefits of capsicum for eyes
Friends, the benefits of eating capsicum can be seen in the eyes. It can be consumed to avoid cataracts, especially in old age. Capsicum contains ingredients called lutein and zeaxanthin, which can protect against cataract. Capsicum also contains vitamin A, which can help you a lot in maintaining eyesight.
2. Benefits of capsicum in preventing anemia
The benefits of capsicum have also been observed in diseases like anemia. Anemia is a condition in which not enough healthy red blood cells (RBCs) are formed in the body. The function of red blood cells is to carry oxygen to all the organs of the body. At the same time, due to lack of iron in the body, these red blood cells cannot be formed and the problem of anemia is born. Some amount of iron is found in capsicum, which can prevent anemia. In addition, vitamin-C is also found in capsicum. Vitamin-C can help absorb iron in the body. Therefore, the benefits of eating capsicum in anemia can be seen.
3. Capsicum is rich in vitamins
Friends, capsicum is rich in many vitamins. It contains vitamins A, B, C, and K. Vitamin A helps to keep skin, bones, and teeth healthy. Vitamin-C is also known as ascorbic acid. It is good for teeth and also has a wound-healing ability. Riboflavin ie Vitamin-B2 is also found in capsicum. It helps in the development of the body. Capsicum also contains thiamine, which is vitamin B1, which acts to give energy to the body. In addition, the vitamin-K present in capsicum is considered good for bones.
4. Benefits of capsicum in cancer prevention
Speaking of the benefits of capsicum, it contains an element called capsaicin and anticancer properties. According to a study published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), the presence of capsaicin may help protect against various types of cancer. Here we make it clear that cancer is a serious disease. For this treatment, one needs to undergo an intensive medical procedure. It cannot be cured only through home remedies.
5. Benefits of capsicum to keep the heart healthy
The benefits of capsicum can be seen as many, such as the element called capsaicin present in capsicum can also be beneficial for the heart. According to research published on the NCBI website, the intake of capsicin-containing capsicum can improve metabolism (metabolic activity). Additionally, capsaicin may reduce the risk of metabolic problems such as obesity and heart disease. More research is still needed to know the benefits of capsicum in preventing heart disease.
also read this: Benefits Oyster and Side Effects- All about oyster
6. Benefits of Capsicum for Skin
Friends, capsicum can also be beneficial for the skin. It contains an element called capsaicin, which is used in many creams used for the skin. It can help in tightening the skin. Also, to some extent can prevent various types of skin related problems. At the moment, further scientific research is needed in this regard.
also read this: 8 Impressive benefits of banana peel for health and skin
Let us now know how to use capsicum.
How to Use Capsicum
Friends, capsicum can be used in food. The benefits of eating capsicum are as much as there are ways to eat it.
- Vegetable can be made with capsicum potatoes.
- You can also eat capsicum as a salad by cutting it.
- Capsicum can be used as stuffing between sandwiches and burgers.
- It can also be eaten by adding it to pasta.
- It can also be used in mixed vegetable soups.
- Finely chopped capsicum can also be added to the casserole.
When and how to eat capsicum?
There is no definite time to eat capsicum. It can be eaten at any time. You can eat it for breakfast in the morning, as a snack in the evening, or in a salad with food. According to an NCBI study, 1350 mg of capsicum can be consumed in a day.
Let us know further what are the disadvantages of eating capsicum.
Side Effects of Capsicum
Capsicum is a good diet, but it can be harmful in some circumstances, such as:
- People suffering from blood disorders should not consume capsicum. This can cause blood flow.
- Blood pressure patients should not consume capsicum excessively. This may exacerbate this problem.
- It is advisable to quit its intake two weeks before surgery, otherwise, it can cause more blood flow at the time of surgery.
- Consumption of capsicum may increase blood sugar, but no concrete evidence is available. Therefore, as a precaution, consume it only in small amounts.
- Consumption of capsicum can cause allergic reactions for some people, so if someone already has an allergy, then consult a doctor before consuming it.
hello, all my dear friends… I hope you all are well..! friends if you like this article of myhealthblogger.com, then please tell us in a comment, and please share our article with your family, friends, and also with relatives.. thank you for your support…